The Ohio River Basin H2Ohio Wetland Grant Program is a reimbursement grant program that provides up-to-100 percent project funding for high quality natural-infrastructure projects focused on nutrient reduction and water quality improvement within the Ohio River Basin. This grant program is state-funded through Ohio’s H2Ohio program and is administered by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (“ODNR”). Per-project budget must be justified in the application and fall in the approximate range of $50,000 to $500,000 in requested H2Ohio funding.
Types of Eligible Ohio River Basin H2Ohio Wetland or Natural-Infrastructure Projects Include:
- Wetland creation
- Hydrologic restoration of wetlands on hydric soils
- Hydrologic enhancement of existing wetlands and floodplains
- Stream and floodplain restoration
- Restoration of forested riparian buffers
- Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) Abatement Projects
Grant applications must be submitted to ODNR’s H2Ohio Program in pdf format by April 1st, 2022. For instructions on how to do so, please follow the link below.
Note: Ohio River Basin H2Ohio Wetland Grant Webinar — February 28, 2022